Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Help Desk Analyst
Location: Collingwood, Ontario
MacLean Engineering is looking for an experienced Help Desk Analyst, to join our IT team within our Collingwood Ontario manufacturing facility. This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing team, manufacturing heavy duty mobile mining vehicles for our customers world-wide. If you are looking to be challenged, valued, and rewarded with a competitive compensation package in a dynamic work environment, this position is for you!
About the Position:
This position will require proficient, correct, timely and safe execution of the following daily work tasks:
- Assist MacLean Engineering employees at all locations with all help desk related activities including hardware and software support.
- Source and requisition hardware and software from multiple vendors as directed by the Business Systems Manager.
- Responsible for the initial setup, configuration, and maintenance of all hardware and software.
- Maintain a comprehensive inventory of IT related hardware and software and ensure the integrity of these documents via periodic audits.
- Travel to our various branches and facilities is required, including annual onsite support to our Creighton and Thompson branches. As such, the candidate must hold a valid driver’s license, a valid passport may also be required on occation.
- Potential candidate must possess excellent communication skills, be adept at problem solving and demonstrate the ability to work independently
- Strong organizational and time management skills are important to succeed in this role.
- Ability to provide on-call support on a 2-week rotation
The successful candidate(s) must be willing to learn, open-minded and flexible, organized and detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined, and must have a positive attitude, along with any one of the following qualifications:
- Degree of Certification in an IT related field (or related experience).
- A+ Certification, LAN/WAN experience an asset.
- Strong working knowledge of all MS Operating Systems.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office 365.
- Knowledge of unRAID, Barracuda backup systems, MalwareBytes Endpoint Security and AVG CloudCare an asset.
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and our newest facility in Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- $1.50 per hour shift premium for afternoon and weekend shift employees
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $150 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
- Company Paid Uniforms
If you are interested in being a part of an established and growing Canadian Company, we want to hear from you!
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.