Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Facilities Maintenance Millwright
Shift: Day Shift, Monday to Friday 7:00am – 3:30pm
Note: For training purposes, the successful applicant will be required to complete training on the
Day Shift, Monday to Friday 5:30am – 2:00pm
Location: Collingwood, Ontario
MacLean Engineering is looking for an experienced Facilities Maintenance Millwright to join our maintenance team in Collingwood Ontario. If you are looking to be challenged, valued, and rewarded with a competitive compensation package in a dynamic work environment, this position is for you!
About the Position:
The Facilities Maintenance Millwright is responsible for upkeep, preventative maintenance, machine break downs, etc. to keep production uptime.This position requires the following proficiencies:
- Troubleshooting and prompting safe repairs of various production equipment and building assets.
- Conduct preventative maintenance of equipment, building assets, and facilities as scheduled and assigned.
- Perform project work as assigned using various construction/trade skillsets.
- Safe and competent operation of scissor lift, forklift, overhead crane, articulating municipal vehicles, snow blower, etc.
- Respond to pages for maintenance support from production, warehouse, and office environments.
- Perform daily/weekly inspections (i.e. fire extinguishers, eyewash stations, forklift, crane, etc.)
- Be familiar with using company-supplied tools (i.e. impact gun, torches, welding equipment, measurement equipment, etc.)
- Assist with snow removal and grounds maintenance as required, using municipal vehicle and attachments, snow blower, shovel, de-icing, lawn mower, etc.
- Ability to provide emergency support as needed/during off-hours and/or weekends.
- Identify and document improvement opportunities using established processes.
- Always Implement and maintain 5S housekeeping principles.
- Cross-train in other departments as available.
The successful candidate(s) must be willing to learn, open-minded and flexible, organized and detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined, and must have a positive attitude, along with the following qualifications:
- Licensed Industrial Millwright Certificate of Qualification mandatory.
- Five (5)+ years of experience with equipment and facilities maintenance, preventative maintenance, and general handy work in a manufacturing environment.
- Forklift, Overhead Crane & Slinging, Fall-Arrest, and Working at Heights experience an asset.
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and our newest facility in Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.