Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Mechanical Assemblers and Mechanical Sub Assemblers
Afternoon Shift: Monday to Thursday 4:00 pm – 2:00 am (4x10 hour shifts)
Location: Collingwood, Ontario
MacLean Engineering is looking for skilled Mechanical Assemblers and Mechanical Sub-Assemblers to join our growing aftermarket production team in Collingwood Ontario. This is a great opportunity to be part of a small growing team, supplying aftermarket parts for heavy mobile mining equipment to various customers internationally, and to our other Ontario manufacturing plants. If you are looking to be challenged, valued, and rewarded with a competitive compensation package in a dynamic work environment, this position is for you!
About the Position:
These positions will require proficient, correct, timely and safe execution of the following work tasks:
- Read and interpret engineered drawings and work orders, including mechanical assembly and hydraulic schematics and circuits.
- Utilizing various company provided power and hand operated tools, sub-assemble, fit, install, and test of a wide variety of manufactured and purchased mechanical components to engineered specification.
- Assemble and install hydraulic control systems. Attach hose fittings, assemble bulkheads, route and install hydraulic hoses.
- Assist Electrical Assemblers with the installation of electrical control panels, motors, cable routing and termination.
- Inspect component parts and finished product, to ensure product quality meets company and Customer expectations.
- Perform minor adjustments and repairs to assemblies and finished product as directed
- Operate material handling devices such as overhead cranes, and forklift in compliance with applicable safety standards. Safely utilize various types of rigging for lift and transport of loads.
- Operate articulating vehicles to in order to test and trial finished product.
- Maintain accurate records, including labour bookings, utilizing various PC based software applications
- Cross train within other departments as may be required on temporary basis.
The successful candidate(s) must be willing to learn, open-minded and flexible, organized and detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined, and must have a positive attitude, along with any one of the following qualifications:
- Ideally you are a licensed Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic, Truck and Coach Mechanic, Auto-Mechanic, or Millwright Journey person, or a Mechanical Technician or Technologist, with 3+ years of related heavy duty mobile vehicle manufacturing experience, or
- You could be a mechanic’s apprentice, or recent community college graduate with an electrical or electronic diploma, or
- You could be a backyard mechanic, a tinkerer, or a mechanically inclined hobbyist, with the ability to learn, follow direction carefully and to create in a meticulous and skillful manner
Note: Placement as Mechanical Assembler or as Mechanical Sub-assembler, and placement at an appropriate level of same, will be dependent upon your overall experience, credential, and demonstrated skill set.
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and our newest facility in Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- $1.50 per hour shift premium for afternoon and weekend shift employees
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $150 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
- Company Paid Uniforms
If you are interested in being a part of an established and growing Canadian Company, we want to hear from you!
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.