Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Workshop Lead Hand – Heavy Duty Mechanic
Location: Orange, NSW, Australia
MacLean Engineering is looking for a Workshop Lead Hand to join our growing team at our new location in Orange, NSW Australia branch. This is a great opportunity to assist in the workshop operations at our international branch for MacLean Engineering’s wide range of products.
About the Position
The successful candidate will be hands-on Heavy-Duty Mechanic with assisting in supervisory duties in directing employees in the day to day activities repairing and servicing MacLean Engineering’s underground mining equipment and components with the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with the supervision of day to day workshop operations
- Direct and supervise allocated employees work schedules
- Liaise with and supervise external contractors as required
- Carry out duties related to mechanical workshop
- Operate trucks and plant as required for repairs
- Monitor and undertake repairs and servicing to plant and equipment
- Test run equipment following major repairs
- Maintain plant and equipment service and operation records
- Inspect and supervise major component repairs, including order of parts required in consultation with the Product Specialist and/or Aftermarket Manager
- Identify and control issues associated with plant and equipment
- Comply with all WHS (Workplace Health and Safety) regulations and MacLean Engineering’s health and safety practices
- Undertake all tasks in the full understanding of the officer’s obligation to take reasonable care to ensure personal health and safety at work and that of other persons in the workplace
- Report all accidents, incidents and hazardous situations that arise
The successful candidate has a positive attitude, is open minded, willing to learn and is flexible along with the following qualifications:
- Relevant trade certificate
- Several years post trade experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated previous supervisory experience within a diverse mechanical workshop
- Excellent diagnostic and repair skills
- Thorough knowledge of workshop operations
- Sound knowledge of servicing and maintenance of all plant, mining equipment and light vehicles
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Excellent customer service skills
- High level of computer literacy and proficiency with MS Office products
- Positive work ethic and strong motivation
- High level of professionalism, honesty and integrity
- Possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving abstract
- Valid forklift license
- Working knowledge of Occupational Health, Safety and Welfare Regulations
- Working Knowledge of Award conditions and dispute procedures
- Able to provide current National (or Federal) Police Certificate (no more than 6 months old)
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for almost 50 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company’s founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality-oriented environment to product components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental and industrial sectors.
Working together across the Company's global network, between corporate headquarters and branch offices in Canada, Mexico, Peru, Chile, South Africa and Australia, MacLean Engineering offers challenging, rewarding exciting careers with the potential to travel and work internationally.
To apply for this position and other employment opportunities with MacLean Engineering, please submit covering letter and resume through the MacLean Engineering website at www.macleanengineering.com.
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in MacLean Engineering. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.