Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Product Specialist – Mining Technology
Location: Orange, NSW, Australia
MacLean Engineering is looking for a Product Specialist to join our growing team at our new location in Orange, NSW Australia branch. This is a great opportunity to provide expertise technical support at our international branch for MacLean Engineering’s wide range of products.
About the Position
The successful candidate will bring expert technical knowledge and practical trade experience with focus on remote operations/automation, collision avoidance technology, vehicle drive-by-wire control systems with the following duties and responsibilities:
- Support and advise Field Service Technicians on the installation, commissioning, operation, and maintenance of MacLean technology systems and components.
- Carry out general low and high voltage electrical duties such as commissioning, maintenance, repairs and fault diagnosis to MacLean battery electric underground equipment and MacLean IQ Series remote/automation products.
- Train MacLean and customer personnel on the maintenance, repair and fault diagnosis of MacLean technologies.
- Use expert knowledge of mining technology to plan and execute on new installations of MacLean technology with the MacLean Australia team.
- Support technology and vehicle testing / demonstration / trials at the customer sites.
- Gather customer feedback and performance data relevant to MacLean technology to ensure that product performance and specifications meet customer requirements.
- Provide feedback to Engineering and Product Management on emerging technologies and new operating practices.
- Provide the link between Australian customers, and Canadian product management / engineering teams, regarding technology product development and requirements definition.
- Provide technology insights, data and market knowledge for analysis, research, and design engineering for the successful development of new product offerings.
- Creation of electrical and hydraulic scope-of-work documentation, schematics, and layout drawings to for communicating with engineering.
- Design and test minimum viable products / prototypes when authorized by Canadian Product Management to explore new product improvements and developments.
- Provide mining technology sales support (may include customer visits, making presentations, providing training, sourcing market intelligence etc.) to MacLean Australia Sales team.
- Be an active member of the MacLean Australia team, working together to grow and improve the company. Actively contribute to continuous improvement projects.
- Comply with all MacLean and customer OHS processes and procedures. Be a safety champion with a strong commitment to the safety of yourself and your team.
- Stay current on industry developments, competitive offerings and issues affecting sales and customers.
- Provide on-going feedback to the Product Support Specialist, including record keeping of parts usage, equipment monitoring, time records including specific site records as required.
- Comply with all WHS (Workplace Health and Safety) regulations and MacLean Engineering’s health and safety practices
The successful candidate has a positive attitude, is open minded, willing to learn and is flexible along with the following qualifications:
- Relevant tertiary Trade Certificate or Degree – Mobile Plant Mechanic (HD Diesel Fitter Earthmoving/Heavy Transport).
- An Electrical Trade Certificate or Degree highly valued
- A HV Switching Ticket highly valued
- Ten (10) years experience with underground mine equipment essential
- Experience with installation, maintenance and improvement of vehicle technology (automation, vehicle control, data capture and/or batteries) required
- High level of professionalism, honesty and integrity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Effectively communicate at multi-disciplinary levels with Engineering and Management
- Skilled in creating detailed technical reports and analysis in a clear and effective manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Must be legally entitled to work in Australia
- Must be able to travel domestically and or internationally to attend customer mine sites, which includes the ability to go underground.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving abstract
- Possess a valid passport
- Bilingual is an asset (French & Spanish)
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for almost 50 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company’s founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality-oriented environment to product components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental and industrial sectors.
Working together across the Company's global network, between corporate headquarters and branch offices in Canada, Mexico, Peru, Chile, South Africa and Australia, MacLean Engineering offers challenging, rewarding exciting careers with the potential to travel and work internationally.
To apply for this position and other employment opportunities with MacLean Engineering, please submit covering letter and resume through the MacLean Engineering website at www.macleanengineering.com.
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co Limited. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.