Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Field Service Technician - Battery Electric Vehicles (BEV)
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
MacLean Engineering is looking for a Field Service Technician – Battery Electric Vehicles (BEV) to join our growing Engineering team at our Perth, Australia branch. This is a great opportunity join our Service Team to support MacLean Engineering’s wide range of products including the new Battery Electrical Vehicles.
About the Position:
The successful candidate will test, repair, install and commission the new Battery Electrical Vehicle with the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provide technical expertise as may be required, to allow MacLean Engineering to support our line of electric vehicles in the field as well as MacLean Engineering’s current fleet.
- Troubleshoot to root cause, and make repairs to, high voltage AC motor control circuits, medium voltage, advanced technology battery systems, charging and control circuits, DC logic and control circuits, as well as inverters, converters, power supplies, PLC and microprocessor devices, HMI’s, etc.
- Collect data, and provide feedback and documentation, as required to enhance the capability and reliability of existing battery powered vehicles, or to assist with development of future product line.
- Frequent domestic travel for extended periods of time and on short notice. Future international travel may also be required.
- Using schematics, ladder diagrams, manufacturers’ manuals, also verbal recommendations and instruction from MEMCO Engineering, and utilizing multi meters and/or other test equipment, diagnose electrically related vehicle system malfunctions to root cause.
- Execute short term and long-term corrective action to repair and prevent future occurrence of equipment failure.
- Ability to upload, download and trouble shoot PLC and HMI programs and other related software
- Timely preparation and submission of accurate, analytical and comprehensive reports and other documentation.
- Timely execution of a broad range of planned and un-planned work tasks, as may be assigned by the After Market Manager.
- Comply with all WHS (Workplace Health and Safety) regulations and MacLean Engineering’s health and safety practices
The successful candidate has a positive attitude, is open minded, willing to learn and is flexible along with the following qualifications:
- Electrical Trade Qualifications/license required
- Relevant Trade Certificate/license in Heavy Vehicles preferred
- 5 plus years’ experience working in a heavy equipment/underground mining or related field
- Electronic circuit, control system and/or PLC training is preferred
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical and electronic circuits
- Skilled in creating detailed technical reports and analysis in a clear and effective manner
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Must be legally entitled to work in Australia
- Willing and able to travel domestically and/or internationally including the ability to go underground.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving abstract
- Possess a valid passport
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for almost 50 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company’s founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality-oriented environment to product components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental and industrial sectors.
Working together across the Company's global network, between corporate headquarters and branch offices in Canada, Mexico, Peru, Chile, South Africa and Australia, MacLean Engineering offers challenging, rewarding exciting careers with the potential to travel and work internationally.
To apply for this position and other employment opportunities with MacLean Engineering, please submit covering letter and resume through the MacLean Engineering website at www.macleanengineering.com.
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in MacLean Engineering. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.