Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Customer Support Engineer
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
MacLean Engineering is looking for a Customer Support Engineer (CSE) to join our growing Engineering team at our Perth, Australia branch. This is a great opportunity to provide engineering and technical support at our international branch for MacLean Engineering’s wide range of products..
About the Position:
The successful candidate will report to both the General Manager at our Perth, WA, Australia location and the Customer Support Engineering Manager in Canada with the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provide engineering support on specific project assignments developed from Customer inquiries, field feedback on technical issues, sales initiatives and engineering projects including new Australia R&D
- Work in accordance with direction and information provided by Management
- Maintain close relationship with the Collingwood, Ontario Canada Engineering team
- Assigned duties are to be in compliant with relevant laws and statutory requirements in Australia
- Review and assess equipment issues in the field and determine resources required to return the equipment to operational status
- Establish the scope of projects required to be undertaken to improve field failures, design or manufacturing defects in equipment operating in the field
- Work closely with the customer and internal resources to successfully resolve field issues
- Travel to customer sites as required that may include but not be limited prototype testing, troubleshooting, field engineering assessments, machine commissioning and attend meetings
- Comply with all WHS (Workplace Health and Safety) regulations and MacLean Engineering’s health and safety practices
The successful candidate has a positive attitude, is open minded, willing to learn and is flexible along with the following qualifications:
- Engineering diploma or degree in Engineering from a recognized post secondary institution specializing in Mechanics, Hydraulics or Electrical is required
- 5 to 10 years design and / or manufacturing and servicing of heavy equipment preferred
- Experience in AutoCAD/Solidworks/Microsoft Project/Smartsheets is required
- Experience in underground mining processes and procedures an asset
- Skilled in creating detailed technical reports and analysis in a clear and effective manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Effectively communicate at multi-disciplinary levels with Engineering and Management
- Must be legally entitled to work in Australia
- Willing and able to travel domestically and or internationally to attend customer mine sites, which includes the ability to go underground.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving abstract
- Possess a valid passport
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for almost 50 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company’s founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality-oriented environment to product components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental and industrial sectors.
Working together across the Company's global network, between corporate headquarters and branch offices in Canada, Mexico, Peru, Chile, South Africa and Australia, MacLean Engineering offers challenging, rewarding exciting careers with the potential to travel and work internationally.
To apply for this position and other employment opportunities with MacLean Engineering, please submit covering letter and resume through the MacLean Engineering website at www.macleanengineering.com.
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in MacLean Engineering. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.