Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Materials Coordinator / Customer Liaison
Location: Parys, Free State Province, SOUTH AFRICA
MacLean Engineering is looking for a Materials Coordinator/Customer Liaison to join our growing Engineering team at our Parys, South Africa branch. This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing team, coordinating and expediting the flow of parts and material to our customers for MacLean Engineering’s wide range of products.
About the Position:
The successful candidate will report to the Inventory Controller with the following duties and responsibilities:
- Respond to MacLean Engineering’s internal and external customer requests for quotes, sales orders, expediting inventory and shipments.
- Prepare quotes for regular stock items. Follow up on quotes to close orders and/or collect sales data on lost orders.
- Expedite inventory for sales and work orders.
- Prepare and review sales order backlog report and formulate appropriate action.
- Manage and control remote site inventory.
- Maintain organized and accessible files of sales documents.
- Prioritize, receive, enter, and ship orders.
- Coordinate transportation arrangements for outgoing shipments as required.
- Prepare export documentation for cross border shipments.
- Communicate with suppliers and customers.
- Comply with all OHSA (Occupational health and Safety Act) regulations and MacLean Engineering’s health and safety practices
The successful candidate has a positive attitude, is open minded, willing to learn and is flexible along with the following qualifications:
- Two years’ experience working in fast paced office/customer service environment
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Previous experience in a heavy equipment and components environment an added advantage
- Previous experience in cross border logistics an added advantage
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office products including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for almost 50 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company’s founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity, and enduring quality. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality-oriented environment to product components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
Working together across the Company's global network, between corporate headquarters and branch offices in Canada, Mexico, Peru, Chile, South Africa and Australia, MacLean Engineering offers challenging, rewarding exciting careers with the potential to travel and work internationally.
To apply for this position and other employment opportunities with MacLean Engineering, please submit covering letter and resume through the MacLean Engineering website at www.macleanengineering.com.
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in MacLean Engineering. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.