Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Field Service Technician – International Position
Location: Parys, Free State Province, SOUTH AFRICA
Reports to: Parys, Service & Support Supervisor
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is looking for Service Technicians to join our South Africa location. This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing team servicing heavy duty mobile mining vehicles for our customers. If you are looking to be challenged, valued and rewarded, we offer competitive compensation, benefits and retirement savings package in a dynamic work environment, this position is for you!
About the Position:
In the role of a Service Technician, you will be performing the following duties:
- Assemble, install, and test various hydraulic and mechanical assemblies and sub-assemblies relating to the maintenance and repair of mining equipment.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair mining equipment
- Perform equipment maintenance
- Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Comply with MacLean Engineering’s safety policies and applicable regulatory industry rules, requirements and procedures
- Address any unsafe conditions and take action towards permanent corrective measures.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
The successful candidate has a positive attitude, is open minded, willing to learn and is flexible with the following qualifications:
- Valid Trade Certificate of Competence (Diesel, Mechanical, Auto Electrical, Millwright, Mechanical Fitter) preferred
- Minimum 3 years hands-on experience within the mining industry, preferably on heavy mobile equipment is preferred.
- Proficient at reading and interpreting mechanical blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings
- Practical working knowledge of hydraulic and electrical theory is required in order to develop circuit installations with Engineering support.
- Ability to work independently or within a team under minimal supervision
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for almost 50 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company’s founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality-oriented environment to product components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental and industrial sectors.
Working together across the Company's global network, between corporate headquarters and branch offices in Canada, Mexico, Peru, Chile, South Africa and Australia, MacLean Engineering offers challenging, rewarding exciting careers with the potential to travel and work internationally.
We thank all applicants in advance however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit our website at: www.macleanengineering.com
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.