Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Field Service Technician – International Position
Location: Parys, Free State Province, SOUTH AFRICA
Reports to: Parys, Service & Support Supervisor
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is looking for Field Service Technicians to join our South Africa location. This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing team servicing heavy duty mobile mining vehicles for our customers. If you are looking to be challenged, valued and rewarded, we offer competitive compensation, benefits and retirement savings package in a dynamic work environment, this position is for you!
About the Position:
In the role of a Field Service Technician, you will be performing the following duties:
- Provide expert and disciplined analysis of structural, or mechanical, electrical or hydraulic systems
- Teardown, re-assemble, commission/ test and trouble-shoot MacLean Engineering equipment at customer sites or at facility, as required
- Execute timely planned work tasks as directed by immediate Supervisor
- Assist the Service & Support Supervisor with the preparation of technical reports, presentations, and repair cost estimates, audits of Customer equipment, etc.
- Develop professional working relationships with key Customer personnel, and communicate any customer organizational or policy change to Service Manager
- Identify potential business (i.e. sales) opportunities, and communicate to the appropriate team (i.e. Sales, Engineering)
- Comply with MacLean Engineering’s safety policies and applicable regulatory industry rules, requirements and procedures
The successful candidate has a positive attitude, is open minded, willing to learn and is flexible with the following qualifications:
- Valid Trade Certificate of Competence (Diesel, Mechanical, Auto Electrical, Millwright, Mechanical Fitter) preferred.
- Minimum 3 years hands-on experience as Journey Person within the mining industry, preferably on heavy mobile equipment is preferred.
- Proficiency reading and interpreting mechanical blueprints, hydraulic assembly drawings and electrical wiring harness and control system schematics
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to be flexible and open to new methods, processes and technologies
- Ability to work independently or within a team under minimal supervision
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Conflict management and problem solving skills
- Effectively communicate at a multi-disciplinary level with Engineering, Purchasing and Marketing staff
- Proven leadership skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving abstract
- Willing to work overtime, off-shift and weekends (i.e. respond to after-hour customer calls) if and when required
- Willing and able to travel domestically and/or internationally for extended durations if required (valid passport will eventually be required)
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for almost 50 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company’s founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality-oriented environment to product components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental and industrial sectors.
Working together across the Company's global network, between corporate headquarters and branch offices in Canada, Mexico, Peru, Chile, South Africa and Australia, MacLean Engineering offers challenging, rewarding exciting careers with the potential to travel and work internationally.
We thank all applicants in advance however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit our website at: www.macleanengineering.com
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.