Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
MacLean Engineering is looking for an experienced US Technical Service Representative to provide customer service both on site and via phone/email. This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing team, all working together to manufacture and supply heavy mobile mining equipment to multiple Customers internationally. If you are looking to be challenged, valued, and rewarded with a competitive compensation package in a dynamic work environment, this position is for you!
The US Technical Service Representative is responsible for providing support to our customers throughout the continental United States, developing new business from existing clients and actively seeking new opportunities.
- Provide technical expertise as may be required, to allow MacLean to support our current fleet, including MacLean line of electric vehicles in the field.
- Troubleshoot to root cause, and make repairs to all MacLean equipment, including AC motor control circuits, medium voltage, advanced technology battery systems, charging and control circuits, DC logic and control circuits, as well as inverters, converters, power supplies, PLC and microprocessor devices, HMI’s, etc.
- Ability to upload, download and troubleshoot PLC and HMI programs and other related software.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives.
- Help identify opportunities within territory and collaborate with sales teams to ensure growth attainment.
- Assist with high severity requests or issue escalations as needed.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
About You: The successful candidate(s) must be able to lead a team, willing to learn, open-minded and flexible, organized and detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined, and must have a positive attitude, along with any one of the following qualifications:
- Minimum High School Diploma or Certificate of Completion
- MSHA qualification
- Three (3) + years hands-on experience as a Heavy-Duty Mechanic
- Proficient at reading and interpreting mechanical blueprints, hydraulic schematics, and electrical wiring diagrams
- Solid problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Computer literacy using MS Office
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and our newest facility in Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- $1.50 per hour shift premium for afternoon and weekend shift employees
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $150 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
- Company Paid Uniforms
If you are interested in being a part of an established and growing Canadian Company, we want to hear from you!
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.